Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I get an iConnect card?
- The iConnect card is the only card dedicated to all students in
secondary school. This card is your ticket to getting hundreds of
discounts in shops and restaurants nationwide. It also allows you
to receive student fares on selected transport services all over
- Am I eligible for a student card?
- If you are a student in full-time education and between the
ages of 12 and 17 then, yes you are eligible for an iConnect
- Where can I get an iConnect card?
- You can apply online at www.studentcard.ie.
You can download the application form at www.studentcard.ie and
post it in to our offices 19/21 Aston Quay, Dublin 2.
You can call into any USIT branch around the country and collect
an application form and post it to our head office on Aston
You can also order your iConnect card over the phone. Call 1 602
- How long is my card valid for?
- All cards purchased now are valid until 31 December 2018.
- How much does the iConnect card cost?
- The iConnect Card costs €13 (plus €1 if the card is to be
posted directly to you). Please note there is additional €2.00
handling fee when paying by cheque.
- When will I receive my iConnect card?
- Your application will be processed the day it is received by
the iConnect team. It will then take 2-3 days to get to you
depending on postage.
- What benefits and discounts can I get with my card?
- Your card provides you with a wide range of discounts and
special offers. These include discounts in shops, restaurants,
travel and entertainment. You can search the discounters by county
or by category on our website.
- What happens if my card is lost or stolen?
- If your card is lost or stolen, you must apply for a new card
and pay €13 plus postage for your new card.
- What documents do I need to apply for my iConnect card?
- Completed application form (Please ensure that all sections are
fully completed and stamped (or copy of latest school report in
summer months) as failure to do so will require you to re-apply at
a cost of €4 for administration.)
- A photocopy of your passport or birth certificate.
- One passport photo with your signature and date of birth on the
- €13 card fee (plus €1 if the card is to be posted directly to
you.). Please note there is additional €2.00 handling fee when
paying by cheque.
Valid until 31st Dec 2019!